Are the lines starting to blur between search engine marketers and public relations practitioners?
– Utah PR people are talking about keyword-stuffed press releases.
– SEO firms are offering online public relations and press release optimization services . . . (SEO.com)
– SEO firms are offering copywriting services.
– PR firms are pushing “new media,” blogs, podcasts, Diggs, etc….
– Internet marketers are pushing the “seo press release.” (Newspapergrl)
– PR firms are tracking the number of hits to a news story/press release online . . .
– SEM firms are doing ad buys (it’s called pay-per-click).
– Both parties are pitching stories to journalists (and citizen journalists).
– Both are employing “new media” in the form of blogs